Brilliant Liverpool Tours Ltd was set up in 2014 by Liverpool Blue Badge Tour Guides Neil McDonald & Claire Rider to offer tours and Experiences initially in Liverpool City Region which have now extended throughout the North of England and North Wales.
They are active members of UKinbound.
Neil, the former Head of Customer Relations for BT Business, has over 10 years’ experience and is an expert in the Coach Tourism Sector & as a Tour Manager in Europe. Claire has a Master’s Degree in Marketing and over 10 years’ experience working in National Museums. Claire is also a qualified teacher.
The team since then has grown significantly with training courses in 2018 and in 2019 accrediting 20 new contemporary qualified tour guides through Skills for Growth Funding at NVQ level 3 equivalent in Tourist Guiding. in English, Mandarin, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Portuguese. You can read all about their guides and their bios in the about our guides section.
They offer a range of FIT & Group products for visitors to the North of England and North Wales with a portfolio of some of the most respected top end travel partners in the UK & Ireland and throughout the world.
They also offer a range of School and Educational Tours and Shore excursions from both the Ports of Liverpool and Holyhead in North Wales.
Brilliant Liverpool Tours have arranged FAM trips on behalf of Marketing Liverpool, for example VIBE and ExploreGB. They work well with many trusted partners particularly other tours and attractions in Liverpool City Region and have since 2014 run the extremely popular Liverpool Beatles Walking and Combination Tours which are on free sale and are already sold by many of the most popular travel trade resellers.
They use an Australian booking platform and can create amazing itinerary in a matter of minutes and most of their tailor made and products on free sale can be connected to their.API and are on offer at a commission or travel trade rate.
Neil is extremely keen to develop the Brilliant Tours brand outside of Liverpool and they have trained guides to deliver product throughout the North of England and North Wales ready for the 2019 season.
Neil says “we have already worked extremely hard this year investing over £25k of our own money and also with support from Skills for Growth Funding to get our newly qualified guides trained & accredited independently and examined on a 12 week course.period. Working alongside one of the largest DMC’s in the UK & Ireland we have developed tours of Manchester, Leeds (Kirkstall Abbey), York, The Peak District, Grasmere & Windermere, Hadrian’s Wall & Beamish” & North Wales & Chester.
In 2019 we will be working alongside a partner DMC in South Wales to enable us to offer even more product to the travel trade and to be able to create trusted and tried and tested quality days out and holidays throughout the UK.
“Liverpool is not just Beatles it is a great location from which to explore the North of England, North Wales & Beyond and we want to encourage more international travel trade partners to use our services and to let us design & deliver fresh and exciting tours and itinerary in up to 6 languages for 2019 and beyond”.
We will be at the World Travel Market in November 2019 if any one would like to make an appointment to meet up to discuss how we can work together.
Liverpool is perfectly located for either a day out or holiday and from which you can easily explore North West England & North Wales and we use all our experience to introduce all of our favourite places to Group Travel Organisers including the Women’s Institute, U3A, Probus and lots of other organisations.
Blue Badge Tourist Guides
We’re proud that our founder members include Blue Badge Tourist Guides, the highest tour guiding accolade in the industry who are members of the British Guild of Tourist Guides. The rest of our in-house team have been trained with a 12 week training course finishing with both coach and walking tour assemsemnts and this course was bechmearked at NVQ3 in Travel & Tourism. All of our guides are fun and fully insured and most are DBS cleared and first aid trained,
No one else pays the same attention to detail to create such a personal experience and you cannot be in safer hands than with Brilliant Liverpool Tours.
Why choose Brilliant Liverpool Tours?
- We already have a proven record of providing tour guiding services, bespoke tours and great itineraries for major tour operators who retain our services year after year.
- Every guided tour we deliver is designed around your group and will therefore be a unique and personal experience.
- With over 10 years first-hand experience in the coach travel industry, our coach tours have been carefully timed and the routes have all been designed with sensible stopping points and can all be easily negotiated in up to a 14m tri-axle coach.
- We take great photos of your groups having fun in our city and we are then happy with your permission to share those images on our huge social media platforms to help you promote your product and sell even more tours.
- We specialise in Beatles Tours, including the Liverpool BeatlesWalk.com
- We have tailored a variety of entertaining shore excursions which independent cruise specialists have then successfully sold to international visitors arriving in Liverpool for the day.
- We run highly successful curriculum based tours throughout the year for schools, colleges and universities.
- We host private groups, clubs and associations like the WI, Probus and Round Table.
- We offer a full range of Meetings Incentives Conferences & Events (MICE) services – including corporate events, conferences and specialist group travel as well as arranging meetings and event planning. We pride ourselves on being able to service our MICE services on a 24/7 basis.
- We design days out to North Wales and can arrange tours and guiding services to other great destinations on our doorstep like the Lake District and Manchester.
- We will find the very best guided tour for your visit and all of our tourist guides our fully insured.
Whilst summer is always a busy time for tourism in the city, we operate throughout the year – simply because of demand!
Our passion is, and always has been, Liverpool and its surrounding areas – making sure ours and your clients have a great time and wanting to come back for more. All our staff are local, comprising a healthy mix of Blue & Green Badge Guides, architects, town planners, musicians and travel agents – an unbeatable combination of flare and experience. Rest assured, our tour guides will do exactly what it takes to bring your day to life!
So where would you like to go? What would you like to see? Whether you are on holiday, on a short break, on a school or college trip, or working in the travel trade – at Brilliant Liverpool Tours you’ve arrived at the perfect starting point.