This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Brilliant Liverpool Tours Ltd (incorporating Liverpool Beatles Walk)
Brilliant Liverpool Tours Ltd supplies insured tourist guides and and a range of guided coach and walking tours to visitors and to the Travel Trade.
All of the tours and itineraries shown on our websites including the Liverpool Beatles Walk www.Bealteswalk.com, have been selected and verified to ensure that every "attraction", restaurant or any other location that we have included is fully accessible. We do not knowingly include any* locations in our tours that have accessibility problems and if a private group wanted to access places for example Liverpool or Chester Cathedral Tower Tours we would ensure that this would not cause any accessibility issues for a single member of their group or we would not offer that to them.
* there is one exception to this which is the Cavern Club in Liverpool which has many steps underground to a well lit cellar location however there are no lift or escalator and it is not therefore accessible to everyone. While Brilliant Liverpool Tours does not condone major attractions who are not able to offer accessibility to everyone, the Cavern Club is the most requested location on Beatles tours and it is therefore mentioned in the Liverpool Beatles Walk
We will always meet a group or start a tour at a safe location and one where it is very easy for the Group Leader or visitor to identify the Tour Guide and the group or visitor will have been given an emergency contact number should they not be able to locate the Guide.
- Our Tour Guide will arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the agreed time with a clear sign showing the name of your group.
- Should your group require our Guide to use a "whisper" or other authorised headset system and microphone for each guest then this must be specified at the booking stage and will be charged at an additional cost.
- For the Beatles Walk and Ticket to Ride tours there is a precise Google Map location on our website at www.beatleswalk.com
- Should you be running late to meet the guide you should contact them firstly using the Tour Guides number shown on your itinerary or using our Emergency contact number 0800 246 1959.
- Many of our tours involve short sections of walking outdoors usually on Level Ground and therefore suitable footwear and outdoor clothing is recommended.
- In the summer we may be outside for extended periods and therefore it is your own responsibility to protect yourself from UV rays and that you have sufficient drinks and water during our tour.
- For coach groups arriving in our region we will always plan the first photo stop within 10 minutes of your arrival where there are sufficient free public toilets which are fully accessible. Our Tour Guides will include other locations with accessible toilet and bathroom facilities during the day and have good local knowledge of shops, chemists and other things that you might need to ask for help for during your time with us.
- When visiting religious or other buildings our Tour Guides will brief you before you enter in relation to special dress requirements and rules in relation to permission to take photographs.
- All of the tours offered on our website(s) have been risk assessed copies of our risk assessments are available by email.
- Many of our tours are bespoke and tailor made and we will if necessary risk assess any additional aspects of your visit in particular for School and other groups who usually require this for all their excursions.
- You can be confident that if there are any parts of your day with accessibility issues then those places will have only been included in your tour with your permission and where the whole of your group is able to access those places.
- We do not include or encourage entrance to attractions where there is limited accessibility.
- For younger groups we have an excursion policy and we are able to supply tour guides who have undertaken an enhanced Disclosure using the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBC certificate)
- Our Tour Guides will insist at every time you reboard a coach or other vehicle that all passengers must wear seat belts
- Many of our guides hold a Blue or Green badge or other formal qualifications however all of our guides are fun and have received additional training for our tours and we have a comprehensive and ongoing continuous development and training throughout the year and this helps us to add new and exciting attractions to our tours for our customers.
- All of our Guides including freelance guides working for us are covered under our Public Liability Insurance
- Our Guides will not smoke at all in front of clients and they will not drink alcohol with younger groups.
- You can view our full terms and conditions which includes our Excursion Policy and code of practice on our website(s)
- We welome feedback on Trip advisor and other sites and we will acknowledge any written or email complaint the same day and provide a full reply within one week of receiving it.
Car Parking and Arrival
- For visitors arriving by car for the Beatles Walk or Ticket to Ride Tours we suggest the following parking - there is ample additional parking within a few hundred metres of the starting point at which you can use the Blue Badge parking permits.
- Crowne Plaza Hotel car park (around £5 for a few hours and up to £12 per day - pay at reception) post code L3 1QW
- Pay by coins or on mobile devices meters on Brunswick Street or Water Street - postcode L3 1ES
- For visitors arriving for any of our other tours or tailor made tours then the meeting point and parking will be clearly marked with a map on your booking form and itinerary.
- For coach drivers we generally arrange for our tour guide to meet groups at the coach drop off bays at the Salthouse Quay - they will display signage with your groups name - postcode L3 4AE
- Coaches would then go to the Coach Park at Kings Dock where there are coin meters (£8 for a short stay and £15 overnight)
Main Entrance, Reception and Ticketing Area
- The meeting point for your group will be clearly shown on the booking confirmation and itinerary which will have been emailed to the Group Leader.
- The meeting point for our public Bealtes Walk and Ticket to Ride Tour are shown on our website www.beatleswalk.com
- You must show your booking confirmation and settle any money outstanding before the tour commences
- Our Tour Guide will show any of your group where the accessible facilities are.
- If you are unable to locate either the meeting point or your Tourist Guide then please telephone 0800 246 632 (+44 7545 111397)
Attraction (displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
- Many of the attractions that we use for example the Beatles Story and the Liverpool Football Club Stadium Tour and Museums have a free audio tour available in many different languages
- For Foreign Inbound Travel groups and for schools learning English or for any other group we are able to supply a PDF format tour summary in plain English with photographs of the attractions we are visiting.
- We will supply information in advance for tour leaders if they wish to help us prepare a PDF for their group in another language.
- We are able to supply PDF tour packs and information in large format.
- Many of the Museums and Galleries have interactive touch screens
- Our tour guides often have laminated visuals, photographs and memorabilia to show to guests to bring the tour to life.
- Sometimes our Tour Guides will dress in 1960's or other costume to help to animate a tour.
- Our Guides will explain the location of the toilets and other facilities at all the locations visited during the day.
- The very first planned stop for a coach group visiting the region will always be at a location with sufficient fully accessible toilet facilities for a group party.
- Our Guides are local and will help guest with other locations shops and chemists or other things they might need to buy during their time with us.
- We will only book restaurants which are suitable for groups and that have fully accessible facilities.
- We will choose restaurants for coach groups which have suitable and safe drop off points and/or coach parking.
- We prefer to use local restaurants and we try to choose those who can demonstrate to use that they source their produce locally.
- If we choose to show a group a souvenir or other retail store during our tour then we will only choose those that are fully accessible.
- Some of these shops are practically unavoidable as they are added by the attraction owners at the exit point of their tour.
- Our tour guides are expected to remain impartial and they are not allowed to take a payment or incentive from an attraction owner and anything that a guest chooses to purchase during their tour must be at their own discretion.
Grounds and Gardens
- Any grounds that we choose to show our guests including parks and gardens would have access from a level ground or an acceptable ramp. We often use a green area at Liverpool One with School Groups for picnics and this is fully accessible with both escalators and lifts.
- The Albert Docks is privately owned by Gower Estates and their are areas or cobbles and sets wh
- We can supply coaches and other vehicles which have been modified or that have wheelchair ramps please let us know when you book your tour if this type of vehicle would be useful for your visit.
- We will continue to support all those local attractions which are fully accessible by all those who offer free bathroom and toilet facilities to visitors.
- We will continue to lobby influencers, Think-tanks, support groups, local M.P's. Liverpool Local Enterprise Partnership and the attraction owners and managers themselves to encourage them to ensure that there attractions are fully accessible and we will maintain our policy that we will not work with attractions for group visits if they can not accommodate everyone.
- We would welcome any suggestions or comments in relation to our overall Accessibility statement and we will always work with Tour operators and Group Travel Organisers in order to ensure that all of their day is accessible to everyone.
|Address (Inc postcode):||19 Churston Road Liverpool L16 9JS|
|Telephone:||+44 7545 111397|
|Grid Reference:||53°24'15.6"N 2°59'45.5"W|
|Hours Of Operation:||9.00am to 18.00 all year|