One Big Brilliant Day Out!
This full day Brilliant Liverpool Tours challenge is one the most complete day trip tours in Liverpool & a perfect Cruise Excursion. The day trips to Liverpool is one of our favourite days out for groups & we dare you to do it all in a day. If you don’t have your own coach, we can arrange transport for you.
One Big Brilliant Day Out! - Do it all in one Day!
After meeting your Tour Guide we will take a Liverpool City day trip tour & drive through the Birkenhead Tunnel to the opposite side of the River Mersey to board the famous Mersey Ferry. You will arrive in Liverpool with breathtaking views of the waterfront. (For cruise ship passengers we can omit the Mersey Ferry).
You will then rejoin your coach for a fabulous fun cultural guided coach tour of the City Centre including a visit to the new Central Library and the Victorian Round Reading Room in the Cultural Quarter. The day trip tour includes visiting St Georges Hall & one of our two cathedrals for morning tea or coffee and biscuits.
With day tours, you will drive with your Tour Guide along the World Heritage Site to see Sir Anthony Gormley’s “Iron Men” statues on Crosby Beach.
No trip to Liverpool is complete without understanding the football culture. LFC’s Anfield & Everton Football Clubs are our next visit with a short guided walk across the fabulous Stanley Park. There is the option of a Stadium tour and free time to buy souvenirs and for lunch.
Next in this day tours is a mini magical mystery tour and the Beatles. Take photos at mecca’s of Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields, as well as seeing outside John Lennon, Paul McCartney & Ringo Starr’s childhood homes. Your tour guide will show you the gravestone of Eleanor Rigby in the beautiful sandstone Woolton Village and the place that John Lennon was introduced to Paul McCartney for the first time in 1957.
The guided day trip tour will finish back in the centre with a visit to the 138 metre high Radio City Tower which has the very best views across the whole region followed by a guided walk along the Cavern Quarter where you will see the fabulous new Cilla Black statue and the Cavern Club.
All guests will be given a free map of Liverpool City Centre a panoramic map on the tower tour & a bottle of water on the coach.
Don't forget to check out our other ideas for example our day tours to North Wales if you are going to be in Liverpool of the North West of England for more than one day.
Suggested timings - Full Day tour (these can be amended to suit your arrival time)
- 08.30 - Start - At your hotel or at the Albert Dock coach bays Liverpool L3 4AE (for cruise ship passengers we would meet at cruise terminal).
- 09.20 - Liverpool Guided coach tour and the Mersey Tunnel then Mersey Ferry River Cruise from Seacombe to Liverpool
- 10.30* - Iron Men Statues on Crosby beach. (* we might move this to later in the day subject to the tide timetables).
- 11.00 - Visit Liverpool's Georgian Quarter and Catherdrals for morning tea or coffee and biscuits.
- 12.00 - Liverpool And Everton Football Clubs with optional stadium tour and lunch.
- 14:00 – Beatles Mystery Tour and visit the Penny Lane Development Centre with its Octopus's Garden.
- 16.00 - Visit the Panoramic Radio City Tower 138m above Liverpool with a free map for eaach client.
- 16.30 - Guided Beatles Walking Tour along Mathew Street Cilla Black staue & the home of the Cavern Club where the Beatles played 292 times.
- 17.00 - The tour will end with a walk through Liverpool One to the Historical Albert Docks where there are lots of restaurants and shops and there is the option of a group visit to the Beatles Story.
This is one of our most popular day trips as well as days out for groups in your own coach or we can arrange transport. We suggest that for all our days out for groups that you use a quality city centre hotel if you plan to stay and we can also arrange that for you.
The days out for groups includes Full day Tour Guiding, Mersey Ferry crossing, Radio City Tower Tour, Cathedral, lunch and tea and biscuits. Your Day trips to Liverpool can be extended to include Day Tours to Wales & Days out to Chester.
The final price will depend on the number of people in the group and the attractions and any optional entrance charges chosen and the lunch menu. Minimum numbers apply to our Day Tours and there are free places for the organiser(s).
We can tailor this and any of our tours including day tours to Wales or day trips to Liverpool to suit the interests of your group. Tours can also be combined to create an exciting and bespoke holiday using a quality hotel in Liverpool City Centre with excursions or days out to Chester or trips out to explore a wider part of North West England and day tours or day trips to North Wales. Our days out to Chester is also one of the most enjoyable tours available.